When trying to choose the perfect travel destination, where do potential customers turn? With the evolution of online search technology and the growing popularity of consumer reviews, your potential clients are turning, first, to search engines and travel websites when it comes time to plan their next vacation. That’s why it’s so important that your travel and tourism business is well-represented online.
The internet provides customers with the ability to find information about potential travel locations, to read reviews on hotels and airlines, to book their next trip online, and to interact with other travelers who have taken part in adventure excursions like yours.
Though released in 2011, this TourismBC Online Marketing for Tourism resource still provides valuable recommendations and marketing tips on how to set-up your travel business for online success. Covering topics from online branding and SEO to social media and blogger outreach, this handbook is filled with tricks to help travel, tourism and hospitality businesses understand internet marketing as it applies to their unique industry.
Whether you run a small hotel or a large adventure tours company, this guide is a great resource and will help you get started on the path of online marketing. It covers the following:
- Understanding your target audience
- Building your online marketing plan
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social media profiles and content plans
- The importance of email marketing
- Blogger and influencer outreach
Note: This research and creative planning phase is just the first step. Once you understand where your target market is congregating online and how to reach them there, you must build your online assets (website and blog) and establish a presence on social networks in order to engage. A detailed strategic plan will help to keep this from feeling overwhelming and ensure that you’re on track (and on budget!) as you go.
Stir Tourism’s team of experienced travel and tourism internet marketing experts provides internet marketing research, strategic planning, consulting, and campaign implementation services for both small and large businesses around the globe. Contact Stir Tourism today to find out more about how we can help both plan and execute your travel and tourism company’s next online marketing campaign.
- Facebook Timeline Promotion Tips and Examples for Great ROI
- Need a Superhero, Social Media Manager, or Agency to Grow Your Business?
- How to Use Content Marketing to Grow Your Business and Brand Online
- Is Google Punishing Your Business Because Of Your Mobile-Unfriendly Website?
- 5 Ways to Get More Leads and Bookings from Facebook