Travel and Tourism Marketing Guest Post Submission Guidelines
Since 2002, Stir Tourism has delivered digital marketing and advertising solutions for travel, tourism and hospitality companies and organizations worldwide.
We value the opportunity to show business owners how beneficial well-executed online tactics can be for building their brands (and bottom lines!).
In that sentiment, we accept guest post submissions from talented writers of content that will help our travel and tourism clients to grow through the use of digital marketing and the latest online communications technologies.
So if you’re a travel writer, a marketer, an agency, or a travel/tourism industry professional and would like to submit a blog post for consideration then we’d love to hear from you. Please review our submission guidelines and send in your original content using the form below:
- Author name and email (with Gravatar)
- Brief author bio (150-characters max.)
- A link to your website and/or social account (optional)
Types of Content
Original English content (blog posts; articles) that will be relevant and valuable to business owners and marketers in the travel/tourism industry. (Note: Basic 300-500 word submissions have little chance of approval.)
We accept marketing-related submissions relevant to the travel, tourism and hospitality industries. This is not a general business blog nor is it a travel blog. We do not accept travel diaries or destination reviews. Accepted themes include (but aren’t limited to) the following:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Influencer Outreach
- Email Marketing
- Digital Advertising
- Online Reviews
- Reputation Management
- Strategic Marketing Plans
- Boost Your Travel Content Strategy With Influencer Marketing
- Take a Summer Digital Detox in 5 Easy Steps
- How to Create Easy Social Media Marketing Goals
- How to Make the Most of Online Advertising for Travel and Tourism
- How to Stay at the Top of TripAdvisor Search Rankings
- Please include only “required” links in your post (ie: links to information sources as appropriate; citations). Other links to 3rd-party websites won’t be accepted/included.
- You are not required to include images/photos with your guest post submission. If published, your post will appear online with a stock photo(s) of our choosing.
- If your post is accepted, we’ll let you know! At that time, your post will likely be edited and/or optimized by the Stir team before publication.
- The final, published post will include your full name and, if provided, your Author Bio and link to your website and/or primary social account.
- Once your post is published, we ask that you refrain from continuing to “shop” that same post (unless it has been heavily revised).
- If your submission performs well we may invite you to become a long-term contributor.
- To encourage long-term relationships and discourage one-off guest post submissions, links in the author box are no-follow for guest posters while long-term contributors may be granted do-follow links
- Company homepage, product, or service links for Fortune 500 companies will be do-follow (ie: www.adobe.com, www.microsoft.com, etc.)
- Links to most products or services directly related to the article will be do-follow (ie: www.tripadvisor.com, www.yelp.com, etc.)
- Deep links to related articles and resources will be do-follow.
- Accepted: a link to a “How to generate tour bookings with a Facebook Page” post in a social media article
- Not accepted: a link from “local tours in Italy” to a tour guide company website
- All other unrelated and/or promotional links will be removed from the article at our discretion. In short, link as needed. But we strongly discourage you from using this guest post to build links. “Keyword stuffed” or self-promotional posts will not be accepted.